Vernell’s Interstate Service in Marion, Illinois is hiring for a Service Writer.
Vernell’s Interstate Service has provided the best in towing, recovery and repair services for nearly 60 years. Our 14-bay facility includes a towing service, heavy-duty repair shop, 24/7 express repair and fully stocked tire and parts departments.
Responsibilities of the Service Writer include:
- Dispatching service and towing calls
- Managing and assigning work orders to the proper technicians
- Greeting customers, answering questions they might have about their vehicles, and writing service tickets as needed
- Receiving and posting payments
- Assisting service technicians by getting needed parts and tools
- Maintaining a clean work area and keeping inventory, tools and equipment in good condition
- Completing all reports in a timely manner
This is a full-time position. Shifts are 12 hours, four days a week.
Qualified candidates will have a positive attitude, strong attention to detail, data entry experience and excellent communication skills.
Applicants must also have a clean driving record, be able to lift up to 100 pounds, and pass a pre-employment drug screen. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Vernell’s Interstate Service
2605 Vernell Rd.
Marion, IL 62959