Vernell’s Interstate Service in Marion, Illinois is hiring for a Heavy Duty Wrecker Operator.
Vernell’s Interstate Service has provided the best in towing, recovery and repair services for nearly 60 years. Our 14-bay facility includes a towing service, heavy-duty repair shop, 24/7 express repair and fully stocked tire and parts departments.
Applicants for Heavy Duty Wrecker Operator must:
• Possess an Illinois Class A CDL
• Have experience driving a manual transmission
• Have general automotive repair skills including, but not limited to, lights, tires, and brakes
• Be familiar with commercial vehicles
• Maintain CDL certification to operate company-owned equipment used in towing, recovery and repair operations
• Maintain a clean work area and keep vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment in good condition
• Complete all reports in a timely manner
Specialized towing and recovery training is provided, but knowledge of the recovery process is preferred.
This is a full-time position with on call nights and weekends.
Applicants must also have a clean driving record, be able to lift up to 100 pounds, and pass a pre-employment drug screen. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Vernell’s Interstate Service
2605 Vernell Rd.
Marion, IL 62959