Vernell’s Interstate Service in Marion, Illinois is hiring for a Service Technician.
Vernell’s Interstate Service has provided the best in towing, recovery and repair services for nearly 60 years. Our 14-bay facility includes a towing service, heavy-duty repair shop, 24/7 express repair and fully-stocked tire and parts departments.
Responsibilities of the Service Technician include:
• Performing service repairs, maintenance and diagnostics on customer and/or company-owned vehicles and equipment
• Performing emergency roadside assistance
• Performing tire repairs or replacements
• Performing Department of Transportation (DOT) inspections and completing all necessary paperwork
• Maintaining CDL certification to operate company-owned equipment used in towing, recovery and repair operations
• Maintaining a clean work area and keeping vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment in good condition
• Completing all reports in a timely manner
This is a full-time position. Shifts are 12 hours, four days a week.
Applicants must have their CDL certification or obtain their CDL certification within six months of employment.
Applicants must also have a clean driving record, be able to lift up to 100 pounds, and pass a pre-employment drug screen. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Vernell’s Interstate Service
2605 Vernell Rd.
Marion, IL 62959